Tourism for Everyone
4th Edition - 2023
Dubai Accessible Travel and Tourism International Summit
To be announced
Held under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum President of the Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, Chairman of Dubai Airports
Chairman and Chief Executive of Emirates Airline and Group
Message from Event Patron
The UAE has placed the comfort and care of People of Determination as a core pillar of its community’s wellbeing. In line with the vision of our leadership to be amongst the friendliest countries in the world for People of Determination, we are pleased to host Dubai Accessible Travel and Tourism International Summit (DATTIS), to showcase how we have made our cities more accessible and enjoyable for millions of tourists with disabilities from around the world.
The Summit will give us a chance to meet like-minded leaders and experts from across the globe to share our insights, experiences, and best practices.
The Summit will also help us further improve our cities and tourist facilities, including hotels, resorts, airports, transport services, shopping malls, beaches, parks and museums, to serve the requirements of tourists with disabilities from around the world and ensure they get the best possible services and experience in our country.”
Message from Organiser
Dubai Accessible Travel and Tourism International Summit (DATTIS) comes as a qualitative addition to the continuing global efforts at making the world increasingly accessible to tourists with disabilities. International organisations and experts who spoke at the dedicated sessions, shed light on the rights and needs of more than one billion people in the world with disabilities to travel and visit destinations without any barriers and enjoy their airports, airlines, hotels and in-destination landmarks and attractions better and comfortably.
What is Dubai Accessible Travel and Tourism International Summit?
A first-of-a-kind in the world in terms of the comprehensive range of topics to be discussed, the Summit aims to highlight the legislations, policies and requirements of tourists of determination, in addition to the challenges they face while travelling in relation to available
infrastructures, transportation and communications means, education, medical tourism, banking services and qualified human resources capable of dealing with them, among other equally important related issues.
DATTIS 2022 Highlights & Achievements
- His Excellency Ahmed Aboul Gheit, Secretary General of the League of Arab States, opens the summit and calls for strengthening the services provided by Arab and international cities to tourists with disabilities
- 26 officials and experts representing international organisations, universities and specialised institutions participated in the summit, highlighting the requirements of people with disabilities when travelling and exploring tourist destinations
- The summit came out with 58 key recommendations to deal with the main challenges faced by People with Disabilities in the areas of mobility, hospitality and travel worldwide.
- 142 billion euros missed opportunities on the economy and global tourism due to the reluctance of tourists with disabilities to move and travel due to the lack of services and facilities that suit them
- 450 officials in the travel and tourism sectors attended the 3rd edition of the summit
Accessible Tourism in Dubai
Sheikh Ahmed: UAE committed to strategy for inclusion of people of determination
Accessible tourism summit calls for following UAE model
Sheikh Ahmed sets up Dubai Team for Accessible Travel and Tourism
Dubai set to be friendliest place for ‘people of determination’
Why Accessible Tourism?
Why you should not miss
- Tourism dedicated towards People of Determination has remained largely untapped despite vast technological advancements and innovations in the way they can explore the world
- Assuming 15% of the world’s total 1.2 billion tourists are faced with disabilities – it’s a huge potential market as they spend three times more than the average tourist
- A platform with multi-dimensional benefits for your company/organisation to express/display strong association with People of Determination.
- Be seen as a company/organisation that strongly supports the governmental efforts to make life better for every individual in our society
- Meet government ministers, decision-makers, social influencers and other crucial market players for networking and professional benefits
- The summit takes forward the mission of enabling People with Disabilities to enjoy the world of tourism, with the governments, tourism bodies, travel industry players, urban planners and others working in tandem
- The summit is a step towards moving further in determining what the people with disabilities requires
- Help the tourism industry to get the right strategies and programmes in place
- It will be an ideal platform to know how technology and innovation are getting better to make life easy and more accessible
- A timely platform to network and share strategies and experiences and understand the market needs and expectations