Tourism for Everyone
Dubai Accessible Tourism
November 10 & 11, 2020
Dubai World Trade Centre
Held under the patronage of H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum President of the Dubai Civil Aviation Authority, Chairman of Dubai Airports
Chairman and Chief Executive of Emirates Airline and Group
People with disabilities are keen each passing day on travelling the world and exploring tourist destinations on their own, with their family members and friends in tow. Despite their numbers burgeoning and spending power witnessing an upward swing, the tourism industry is lagging far behind in tapping the vast potential ofoffering Accessible Holidays. Accessible Tourism and making the cities wheelchair accessible to make the long-desired Accessible Tourism a reality. The world is now metaphorically a global village with innovative mobility aids and technological advancements helping the people suffering disabilities and those confined to the wheelchairs, to explore historic as well as exotic and adventurous destinations. When it comes to spending, they shell out three times more money than the ‘normal’ tourists spends on Wheelchair Accessibledestinations. Acting as a link between the governments and tourism industry stakeholders, the DATIS offers multi-dimensional benefits to the organizations to strongly work with for bettering Holidays for People with Disabilities. Making the life better for all the segments of society is an avowed agenda of every government, but the key decision-makers, policy and urban planners and tourism and travel officials, along with social influencers and crucial market players, need to be sensitized about the changing public perceptions and for working in tandem for a long-lasting impact. The Summit is a tailored opportunity to proceed with determination with the right strategies and initiatives for ensuring Accessibility-friendly holidays. That’s to gain a far better understanding about the market expectations and future growth potential. Dubai, the fourth most-visited city in the world for the fifth year in a row as per the Mastercard Global Destination Cities Index (GDCI), is the right place to host the knowledge-and-experience sharing platform for the world’s benefit as it remains on its way to become the world’s most-accessible city as it hosts the MENASA’s first-ever Expo, the world’s third biggest global gathering after the Olympics and FIFA Football World Cup, for six months from October 2020.
Message from Event Patron
2019 Strategic Partners
What the Dubai Accessible Tourism International Summit
Why Dubai Accessible Tourism
International Summit (DATIS) 2020?
This is being achieved as the UAE hosts the World Expo in Dubai from October 2020 for the first time in the MENASA, bringing millions of visitors during its six month’s run. Accessibility for the tourism industry is a golden opportunity to drive increased revenues. A combination of social imperative and economic opportunity.
DATIS will debate on Policy and Planning, Capacity Building, Information and Customer Service and Infrastructure and Facilities. Medical Tourism, Prejudices in Media, Use of Social Media and Lack of Information and the Future of Accessible Tourism will also be debated. Spread over several sessions and workshops over two days, DATIS aims to become a sensible voice to better the tourism industry’s prospects.
DATIS 2019 Highlights & Achievements
Dubai to host first Accessible Tourism International Summit
Dubai set to be friendliest place for ‘people of determination’
Accessible Aviation: Galloping Growth
Airports and airlines are among the top important service facilities, with the latter among the most-widely used means of transportation by travellers, including People with Special Needs, who travel the world for work, tourism, medication or other important purposes.
Why you should not miss
- Tourism for People of Determination is largely untapped despite vast technological advancements and innovations in the way they can explore the world
- Assuming 15% of the world’s total 1.2 billion tourists faced with disabilities, it is huge potential market as they spend three times more than the normal tourists
- A platform with multi-dimensional benefits for your company/organisation to express/display strong association with People of Determination.
- A wonderful opportunity to enhance your company/organisation’s share through reaching out to People with Disabilities
- Be seen as a company/organisation seen that strongly supports the governmental efforts to make life better for this segment of our society
- Meet government ministers, decision-makers, social influencers and other crucial market players for networking and professional benefits
- The summit takes forward the mission of enabling People with Disabilities enjoy the world of tourism, with the governments, tourism bodies, travel industry players, urban planners and others working in tandem
- The summit is a step towards moving further in determining what the people with disabilities requires
- Help the tourism industry to get the right strategies and programmes in place
- An ideal platform to know how technology and innovation are getting better to make the life easy and more accessible
- A timely platform to network and share strategies and experiences and understand the market needs and expectations.
To avail discount on marhaba meet & greet services use Promo Code “EXPO”, visit www.marhabaservices.com
Effective date (for travel / bookings) : 1st Nov – 9th Nov 2019
Offer: 10% discount for Gold and Family meet & greet services (Arrival /Departures) only